May 10, 2017
Posted by on
Two Consecutive years of success with #TASCON15 & #TASCON16 now Sourcing ADDA presents #TASCON17 Bengaluru which was a grand success. Like the previous two Talent Acquisition & Sourcing Conclaves we can say with confidence that all of us present have added to our learning and are looking forward to another one.
While some of us are confident that we’ll be implementing what we’ve learnt we @SourcingADDA are sure that if you weren’t able to attend #TASCON17 you’re hoping to join in the learning. We’ll you are so you need not wonder, as the wait is over. Here are the Top Tweets of #TASCON17, Bengaluru –
Here’s something for you, since you’ve read this far, as always we had several informative sessions clubbed together with fun activities to ensure the participants and attendees had an amazing time adding to their learning. It is important to remember that the success of #TASCON17 was due to the combined effort of the speakers, attendees, contestants, volunteers and the Sourcing ADDA team.
To know more about what went on and for more exciting news that will certainly leave you awe-struck, wishing to have been there be sure to follow @SourcingAdda. Having, said that you’d be delighted to learn that we’re conducting another #TASCON17 but this time in Pune soon so you’ve got another opportunity to catch up. Be sure to grab it and we can assure you that you’ll definitely go back more knowledgeable than you were prior to attending the #TASCON17 Pune event.
There has been a lot of talk about the challenges that Talent Acquisitionist’s face such as how to improve the offer to joining ratio? Some of the possible solutions were, to provide joining goodies or on-boarding goodies and interview goodies to candidates to improve the chances of on – boarding.
While joining goodies is one of the many solutions; another one to boosting the offer to joining ratio is Gamification but what it is and how can Recruiters use it to their advantage and improve their KRAs? Are questions that remain unanswered hence we @SourcingAdda decided to have a discussion about “Best practices of the Gamification process prior to joining” based on the suggestion of our Bangalore group member Shashank. And you’ll to have access to this information shortly but remember to view the key take away pointers thereafter so here’s what we’ve come across…
If you’ve been wondering whether you’ve missed out on an insightful discussion session then don’t fret as we can help you there. We @SourcingAdda have considered that and hence we’ve displayed the discussion above for your reference. Now that that’s settled let’s get right down to helping you retain what you’ve learnt. So here goes…
Gamification in on – boarding
- Marriott is an excellent example for Gamification in On-boarding
- Knolskape and Ripple Hire are excellent examples of Indian Companies implementing Gamification in On-boarding for their Clients in the Recruitment, on boarding, employee referral processes.
- Gamification can be integrated in recruitment, process covering quizzes around industry challenges, company related quests, behavioural quizzes…
- Gamification personalises and adds a fun element to the whole boring recruitment process
- It encourages the candidate to engage with your company by providing a stimulated work environment
- It helps Recruiters also check the Candidate’s aptitude creative thinking and problem solving capabilities
- Have a simple process because it helps people to get a clear understanding of what is expected of them
- People need rewards to move forward and they need to see their progression
- Therefore have a progression or status bar that best meets their needs
- It encourages competition between friends or teams
- Use social media to your advantage because people like to have fun and chances are that it is more likely that it will be shared.
- Always reward your users/candidates, etc. for example, when a company like Dropbox — offers free storage based on your response to their advertisement
- If friends respond through a special referral link that you share you are provided with extra storage
- This creates an overloaded of database for an ATS although the possibility of lots of irrelevant profiles in the database is there.
- If utilised efficiently Recruiter can find the right people easily and get a great pool of potential talent for the future.
Precautions to be taken before on – boarding
- Collect all the required documents before the offer so that at the time of joining; it doesn’t get deferred due to document issues.
- Initiate a back ground check (BGC) as soon as a candidate accepts the offer. Conduct an interim or final (BGC) report before joining to ensure that a Candidate is genuine.
- The BGC and on – boarding process should be interlinked and conducted online
- The documents or information required is almost the same hence it reduces duplication of work which speeds up the process.
- Candidates can fill online BGC / on-boarding forms as per their convenience for instance from home to save time at office so manually filling forms isn’t required.
- Candidates can connect with the reporting manager to arrange f2f or tele – connect with the reporting manager to engage the candidate till their joining.
- Make sure you ask for references from the Candidate
- Distribute joining goodies like gifts for instance send them small gifts or greeting cards to the candidate and their family as it creates a feel good factor.
- If the candidate is relocating than ask them for their travel tickets before arranging for accommodation which should be done well in advance.
Well these are the key take away pointers that are sure to assist you in retaining information that you want to add to your knowledge. If you’ve read this far then you know exactly what you’re missing. So avoid being a passive learner rather join the conversation and become an active learner.
If you’d like to join these WhatsApp groups and learn more about trending topics like Recruiter Rewards & Recognition and its Impact on Recruiters then leave your request’s to join along with your views in the comments section or simply DM us @SourcingAdda.
April 19, 2016
Posted by on
We all use excel on a regular bases either for entering data, generating leads, bulk emailing and lots more but have you ever wondered what else you can do with Excel and how helpful it can be to you as Talent Acquisitionist’s?
Exactly why we @SourcingAdda found it very interesting when a member of the WhatsApp Group highlighted it for us? Therefore we decided to take it as a discussion topic, “Importance of Excel and Reporting in Sourcing or Recruiting” as suggested by Prateek. Mind you if you thought it wasn’t important; the conversation below will undoubtedly make you think again. So here’s what we discovered…
Well this brings our interesting topic to rest based on the conversations we’ve received, who knew how important Excel can be in simplifying our work. And now we’ve got our work simplified further with the amazing insights expressed.
If you haven’t taught yourself more about Excel then it’s probably time to boost our knowledge about Excel that we use so often and make us all efficient workers. Hey don’t go yet, if you’re looking to add to your knowledge then registering for #TASCON16 is essential as you’ll get to interact with like minded individuals like yourself.
February 17, 2016
Posted by on
The Talent Acquisition Industry is constantly evolving with professionals implementing new and improved techniques for Talent Sourcing. It’s common knowledge that finding perfect Candidates is like finding a needle in a haystack it’s almost impossible.
As Talent Acquisitionists most of us usually make hires based primarily on Employee Referrals upon the request of Employers. More and more Company’s now rely on Employee References to fill positions fast. But how do you boost the quality of hires via Employee References?
Hence, @SourcingAdda we proactively decided to follow through with the topic upon the request of Mukta a member of the West group of the weekly Hike Group Chat discussions. Thus the discussion was on the topic, “In what ways can we boost the quality hires from employee references?” and here’s what we uncovered…
The conversation above has definitely shed some light on the topic of discussion and if we implement them in our hiring strategy appropriately will certainly assist the Recruiting process thus landing us with quality hires through Employee References.
In the meantime if you’d like to be a part of such discussion in future then be sure to follow @SourcingAdda for real time updates to our upcoming activities and events and join our Hike Groups. To add to your knowledge make sure you attend the most exciting event of the year #TASCON16 to experience the extraordinary and make moments that are worthwhile as you enjoy and learn more about the Talent Acquisition Industry that we’re all passionate about.