October 12, 2017
Posted by on
We’ve spoken a lot about the Modern Recruiting Techniques that are practiced but have you explored it on a deeper level to understand the possible challenges or the pros and cons? If not then here’s your chance.
We @SourcingAdda constantly strive to keep you updated with the current techniques and practices implemented in the Recruitment sphere. In doing so we look at things on a deeper level to get a better understanding of the topics that are discussed. Thanks to one of our Bangalore group member Jackson we are able to establish that. Upon his suggestion to have a discussion on, “Modern Recruiting Techniques and the Challenges in them or the pros and cons” we gained interesting insights. We’re sure you’ll want to gain these insights so we’ll be disclosing the discussion soon and right after we’ll be highlighting the key take away pointers as well.
There you have it an interesting conversation like most go; the only difference being that we also have some key take away pointers for you to review and verify if your information is up to date. So here goes…
Modern Recruiting Techniques
- Knowledge based Recruitment:
- What is it?
- Where both the client & the Recruiting Company decide upon the anticipated skill sets required over a period of time
- Once created they agree upon a minimum rate of the ongoing recruiting activity
- A data base is created of candidates comprising of 2 types of candidates
- Candidates available immediately
- Potential candidates interested in a job change but are not available
- Both types of candidates are tracked
- Based on their availability they are hired on an ongoing basis
- The unavailable ones are tracked to find their availability and are thus hired on an ongoing basis.
- E – Recruitment or Online Recruitment:
- Tools used
- Job portals
- The organisations corporate website
- Sourcing Integrators like belong, etc. and online evaluation platforms will rule the recruiting world in 5 years.
Preparation for the future
- Things are changing spontaneously and speedily so you need to adapt to the changing trends and update ourselves
- And if we overcome the learning process then we need to realise that it’s our fault and deal with the consequences.
Modern Recruiting Tools
- Balancing speed & quality
- Doing more with less can hinder quality in the process
- Talent Retention
- Find ways to retain top talent instead of driving them away to better organisations that value their deliveries better.
- Limited Resources
- Having to do much more within a less budget
- War for Talent
- An overflow of overqualified candidates
- Sourcing for Top Talent isn’t easy with limitations
- Mainly top talent rely on the word of mouth technique to derive conclusions on whether the company is a good one and can nurture their careers in a positive way
- Online profiles
- Big data that is available on Social Channels
- Scouting Top talent is a hunt
- Hires are made based on online profiles including the activity of potential talent which affects the decision of on-boarding.
If you’re searching for information related to modern recruitment techniques or are looking for tools or new platforms to leverage to capture desired Talent then you’ve got what you needed. Besides we’ve covered all of these aspects, so if you’ve enjoyed it and found the information helpful and would like to take an active participation then here’s what you can do…
- Follow us @SourcingAdda to gain real time updates to our upcoming events and activities
- a) Leave your views or request’s to join these Groups in our comments section
- b) DM us to @SourcingAdda with your Whatsapp. Contact no., full name & location.
And one of our representatives will get back to you.
October 5, 2017
Posted by on
We’ve heard a lot about layoffs in the IT sector and the impact of Artificial Intelligence taking over jobs that can be automated. Having said that it’s obvious for one to wonder if further job cuts in the IT sector are a harsh reality in future?
If you’ve got the same query then you’d be glad to know that we @SourcingAdda have conducted a discussion that addresses this very scenario. It was possible thanks to one of our Bangalore group members Karthik. Based on his suggestion the discussion was on, “Will further Job cuts in IT be a harsh reality in the future?” Apart from disclosing what was discussed we’ll also be highlighting the key take away pointers right after so here’s what we uncovered…
If you’re trying to find out more about what the job cuts in the IT sector and its harsh reality in future then you’ve come to the right place. If you’ve read this far then you’ll be delighted to learn that we’ll be highlighting the key take away pointers to improve your retention and test your memory. So be sure to check how much you’ve retained. Therefore here we go…
- IT industry hasn’t matured, instead there are additions but employees aren’t retired because the IT Industry started in the 90’s.
- Considering the average of 35 yrs. for service for retirement these people will retire in another 5-10 yrs.
- Know that things will start stabilising by 2025
- No major impact in the Banking Finance Services & Insurance (BFSI) sector
- The wave of lay-offs will come after every 8 yrs. but it’s a paradigm shift
- Up-skilling will help you to get and retain jobs but only to a certain extent
Reasons for layoffs
There are several reasons for layoffs so here are some –
- Lay-offs / Job Cuts are the way businesses react to market situations
- What happened with Satyam
- Dot-com bubble burst
- Multi Million / Billion Dollar scam
- The war for oil reserves
- Political situations in major markets (Trump / Brexit)
- Artificial Intelligence (AI)
Job Cuts in the Service Industry
- Budget constraints
- Immobility issues
Job Cuts in the IT Industry
- Robotics or AI
- H1b visa constrains
- Such developments affect all the functions in IT
Job Cuts in the Recruitment Industry
- The Recruitment field will experience job cuts in the future due to the ATS maintenance being automated.
Preparation for Recruiters
- Recruiters will still be required for personal touch but they will have to adapt to the change
- Recruiters will have to invest in re-skilling, refreshing skills, networking and cross-skilling to ensure they’re still in the competition to take your pick of the litter of the opportunities at hand
- Knowledge is the key hence constant learning is the need of the hour which should continue to 60 yrs. and beyond.
- Learn about python, shell script and Perl scripts to automate Manual Testing and Cofig jobs.
- The Key is to keep yourself abreast of the latest trends in your field of work.
- Networking (increasing and engaging contacts) is the most important part if you want to remain relevant for years to come
- Participating in group discussions like WhatsApp. is one way
- You might encounter many multi – talented candidatures so that’s something to look forward to
- Accept reality and equip yourselves with the skill sets that can’t be replaced by automation
- To minimize the lay – off wave you need to reduce the retirement age in the Indian industry to 55 yrs.
- If one can be very technical yet have team collaboration it minimises the chances of the person being laid-off.
- IT Job cuts is not a solution as it results in techie suicides
- Companies have to form policies that minimise the layoffs
- Governments should intervene and keep tabs on the number of hires and what’s their attrition and retention percentage since layoffs affect the whole family.
- The other Industries that can be affected are food, banking, real estate etc.
Future of IT sector
- IT industry is saturated and with many mid – level professionals waiting for Senior Level Assignments to crop up.
- Job cuts in the IT Industry will be harsh reality in the near future
- Automation may cut conventional jobs but it’ll open doors for new opportunities
- Engineers having customer knowledge and can improvise the product are needed
- There are 1 million jobs globally vacant in the Security software but there are no takers
- Jobs which have performance and scalability are also available but no takers
There you have all the information you’ll need to check how much you’ve retained? If you’ve retained most of it then you’re half way there with your career preparations for the future. I’m sure that you would have found the information helpful and useful as well. If you’d like to learn more about the Best Unique HR Practices for Employee Benefit or Engagement in IT Sector then here’s your chance. Simply, follow these 2 steps…
- Follow us @SourcingAdda to get updates to our upcoming events and activities
- a) Leave your views or request’s to join these WhatsApp. Groups in our comments section
- b) Send us a DM to @SourcingAdda with your name, WhatsApp. Contact no. and location
And one of our representatives will get back to you as soon as possible.