WhatsApp Group Chat – Best Companies Offering Most Reliable Online IT tests for Recruitment
April 19, 2017
Posted by on
Big data has always been around but its relevance and importance has just surfaced due to the digital age. With that Social Media, Sourcing has gained momentum due to the amount of relevant information available online. Having said that it’s only obvious for companies to look for better tools and techniques to test Talent before on boarding them.
There are several tools and techniques that Talent Acquisitionist’s can implement to speed up the Recruitment process. One such tool is a reliable Online IT Test for Recruitment that can assist you in the selection process. Finding best companies offering reliable Online IT Tests isn’t easy and we’re here to help you find what you’re looking for. Thanks to the group members we are able to provide assistants as the topic for the popular Wednesday discussions was on, “Online IT tests for Recruitment on two parameters i.e.
- Which are the best companies offering online IT tests for Recruitment?
- Which are the most reliable online tests for IT hiring that can be used for the initial rounds?”
As suggested by Niveditha from the Pune group. And if you’ve missed it then here’s a chance to catch up as we’ll be showcasing the chat along with the key take away pointers thereafter to simplify learning and retention. So here goes…
If you’ve read this far then you’ve found something interesting and you’re looking to, not only; learn more but retain what you’ve learnt. Meaning that you’re seeking out the key take a ways to help you remember. Luckily we @SourcingAdda have foreseen this and we’ll do the best we can to help. So here goes…
Online IT tests for Recruitment
- Mettl is a good tool as it’s got a good Interface, amazing service, it understands the nuisance of online Test and provides Web-proctoring.
- Mettl pretty much is an online tool which can design the Test as per the skill mix required
(INR) ₹ 200/- per test without proctoring
(INR) ₹ 350/- with proctoring
- You can use the Codebunny test when you want the candidate and panel to simultaneously work on technical problems.
- To filter out incompetent Candidates from Campus and Lateral hiring use quodeit
Naukri.com & Monster.com
- A naukri.com venture and Monster college i.e. a monster India venture are good options.
Hackerrank & Codility & IKM
- Hackerrank is slightly expensive but it has an excellent interface
- You can even build your own test – coding, MCQ and similar with both Hackerrank & Codility
- Codility test is used for assessing coding knowledge and skills
- International Knowledge Measurement (IKM) is normally used by many IT companies
- It gives good results in terms of recruitment
- One test costs around (INR) ₹ 500/-
- The level of difficulty increases with each correct answer
- Both IKM & Codility are good for hiring developers
Merittrac & Aspiring Minds
- Aspiring Minds is very specific and they will customise as per your needs and it gives you very detailed results.
- Both Merittrac & Aspiring Minds are good organisations that offer such tests
- If you’re looking for a tool for values & leadership hiring then SHL is perfect
- There is a company called expert ratings that have been in the testing industry for 16 years. So it’s worth talking to them if the need arises.
- com is a free online test that covers all domains and is a very simple one to conduct and gather information.
- Pragnyameter is a good online assessment tool provided by ‘wisdom it’.
- You can customise the test as per your specifications and requirement
- You can also set the cut-off limit as per your requirement
- Candidates have the flexibility to take this test from home up on their convenience which also fast tracks the interview process.
- It provides security features like video recording while taking the test or prompts a warning message if a candidate tries to change the tab and search in google which reduces the chances of fake candidates or proxy interviews conducted.
- Reliscore is another site that gives custom made online IT tests for various skills
- The test is quite reliable due to the stringent quality check on a candidates’ test performance and it also checks duplication and prevents plagiarism.
- The Hogan tool is mainly used for psychometric assessment
SelectToPerform & Monjin Interviews
- SelectToPerform is another great tool for Recruitment assessment
- Monjin Interviews is the next generation video assessment platform giving 100% security
- It has strong network industry expert assessors hence its reliable
Insights on Tools used
- No correlation between people clearing the tests and the final selection were found hence some organisation have done away with doing tests.
- com is just a basic level test so taking it into consideration may not be applicable
- Monjin Interviews has brought down the previous offer to hire ratios from 1:25 to 1:5 for its clients.
- Clients who have used this tool have managed to weed out 40% of bad programmers from the recruitment pipeline because of this tool.
Precautions to be taken
- Some basic precautions should be taken by recruiters to figure out what exactly to test for
- Ideally one should have different tests for different skills required even under a broad umbrella for instance Java
- Once you have developed a specific requirement (K & S of KSA) for each position you’re hiring for; there are little chances of the tests not working provided the test has both an MCQ and a coding test built into it.
- If a particular test didn’t work for you then you may need to do an RCA for the same and evaluate the answers that came up from the analysis.
- That would be interesting to learn as it might shed some light on the aspects that weren’t taken into consideration.
That’s it for now nevertheless I’m sure you’ve got what you wanted if you’ve read this far. Now you know exactly what you’re missing out on, so don’t you agree that you need to be an active learner rather than a passive learner?
Therefore become an active learner in 2 simple steps…
- To get real-time updates to our upcoming events & activities follow us @SourcingAdda
- Leave your views along with your requests to join the WhatsApp groups in our comments section
- Simply DM us @SourcingAdda with your details (Full Name & WhatsApp Contact No.) and our representative will get back to you.
- You’ll definitely learn something new and add to your knowledge by participating in these discussions, as you’ll get insights to the trending topics like Impact to the Naukri Monopoly due to Randstad buying Monster that the Talent Acquisition community currently faces.