WhatsApp Group Chat – Pre – Engagement before On-Boarding Candidates
February 15, 2017
Posted by on
There’s been a lot of talk about Pre & Post Engagement of applicants, we’ve even heard a lot about pre & post joining goodies. But have you ever thought about other areas where we can implement the Engagement of applicants? If no, then you’ve come to the right place; we’ll be exploring the areas where we can utilise this technique to improve the joining ratio of candidates shortly.
In an attempt to improve the joining ratio of the candidates we @SourcingAdda decided to have a discussion on, “Pre – Engagenent before On-Boarding Candidates” up on the suggestion of our Pune WhatsApp Group Member Kavitha. Do remember that we’ll be highlighting the key take away points of the discussion thereafter so here’s what we’ve uncovered…
The conversation above clearly indicates that the inputs we’ve received are quite enlightening and full of ideas to utilise and verify its effectiveness. We’re sure that you’re impatiently waiting to know the key take away pointers to bear in mind therefore let’s not keep you waiting. So here goes…
Importance of Pre – Engagement before On – Boarding Candidates
- Pre engagement helps you to hold on to your offered candidates
- Post offer engagement is one of the important aspects to keep the candidate warm & enthusiastic to join the company.
- Post offer engagement is a challenge that a HR has to face it
Ideas for Pre – Engagement before On – Boarding Candidates
- Have a regular dialogue with them to know the status of the candidate with regular interactions and share key highlights with them.
- If you’re budget permits have a small souvenir sent across with a personalized letter
- Senior folks can have a discussion or dinner or lunch with the new Joinees as it creates a very good impression in a candidate’s mind.
- Engage the functional team by having regular conversations with Candidates
- Have discussions with Candidates to find out about their interest level, family issues if any, comfort level post the offer, expectation and the kind of training they’ll need.
- Keep Candidates engage by calling them regularly and check their progress simultaneously and even conducting a Candidate survey also helps.
- Explain to the Candidate the progress path expected to help them while engaging
- Conduct weekly calls & follow-ups and ensure that every call have a progressive discussion to assist retention of candidates
- During office parties if there are any Candidates that have accepted an offer & will be joining soon invite them for the parties or dinners.
- Have weekly and biweekly calls with Business Leaders and Principal Architects to keep them warm and sell the role and cutting edge work happening around it
- Inviting them for a team lunch or outings to make them feel comfortable with the team and the managers to help them get to know people they’ll be working with.
- Try to ensure that there are amazing talents in the team to boost their interests and increase the chances of them joining the firm.
- Send flowers / chocolate bouquets or goodies and a welcome email etc. to complement the efforts
- Send welcome emails with on-boarding training courses and keep them in the loop of things that involves them while sharing with them their schedule for Day 1 will help build his interest.
- Get Candidates to interact with other departments for instance the delivery team will make them feel warm and accepted.
- Sending the newsletter of the organizations achievements & awards while they are in progress
- Arrange to have a Cup of Coffee with their PM or find a way to involve them in your hiring plans
- Conduct a pending joiner meeting where you can set up a particular date quarterly
- Invite PJ for a get together session where the leader ship team can give insight to them about to the company, its financial growth etc. followed with Lunch but be sure to make it more of an interactive session.
Now wouldn’t you agree that we’ve received great perspectives and ideas to conduct successful Pre – Engagement before On – Boarding Candidates. If you’ve found these inputs worth your while and you’re not yet a part of these popular WhatsApp group chat discussions then you don’t know you’re you’re missing out on. But now you do have a rough idea as to what you’re missing; for instance we’ve had a discussion on, “Employee Promotion Processes followed by Organisations” then you might want to be a part of these discussions.
If you’ve liked what you’ve already read and would like to learn more than our WhatsApp group chats are exactly what you’ve been looking for. So be sure to follow us @SourcingAdda for real time updates to our upcoming events and activities. Ensure you leave your comments or requests to join these groups in our comments section, Tweet us or send us a DM to @SourcingAdda with your contact details and our representative will get back to you instantly.