WhatsApp Group Chat – Operational report maintained for mid – managerial Hiring or Talent Acquisition function?
September 13, 2016
Posted by on
A Talent Acquisition professional usually maintains an operational report as a Talent Acquisition function for different types of hires one such being mid-managerial hires. Ever wondered what your fellow Talent Acquisitionist follow for their Operational report?
Well if you haven’t then it’s probably time you did, so if you’re lost in thinking about this topic then let’s give you a head start. For our popular Wednesday discussions we had the topic, “What kind of operational report do you maintain for mid-managerial Hiring or Talent Acquisition function?” as suggested by our Kolkata Group member Raj Krishnan. And here’s what we uncovered…
If you’ve been curious about how other organisations manage their mid – managerial hires and the type of records they keep then look no further. As you’ll find out in a jiffy with our key take a ways, and I’m sure some of your queries will be answered soon enough. So here they are…
Procedure, Evaluation and the Type of records maintained
- Candidate Funnel Data
- An excel sheet was developed with the assistance of a developer which can act as an aggregator in our Sourcing and Management efforts.
- Records of CVs Sourced with their latest status
- Use and present this same data in a pivot format to understand the exact number at the end
- An Excel sheet with all the details that are required by the organisation and user are stored for future analysis
- Correct data is the bible of the Talent Acquisition function and analysis of data is the key to its success
Advantages of Excel
- The advantage of Excel is its quickly editable, easy access and user friendly interface
- Generate reports via third party / ATS system; one can get the desired report with any factors regarding recruitment, in different forms of slice and pivot.
- Customisation being the key factor
- A Date segregation tool
- Manage very huge number of data in one excel
- Create a recruitment planning report also till exit with the whole lifecycle of employees recorded
- Prepare detailed analysis on any challenges faced while filling a Position.
- Detailed reports, vlookup, pivot tables are to be analysed and process at operation / audit level.
Disadvantages of Excel
From the discussion above we can conclude that the advantages out – weigh the disadvantages. But excel is quite a handy software to have easy access to especially for tracking the lifecycle of either a Talent Acquisitionist or even for Talent progress tracking before the candidate comes on board. Who knew how much easier simple software like Excel can make us so efficient where maintaining data is concerned.
So if you’d like to be part of such discussions then be sure to follow us @SourcingADDA to gain real time updates to our upcoming events and activities. In the meantime we’d like to hear your inputs as well so leave your views in the comments section.