June 19, 2015
Posted by on
There we go yet another insightful Chat with a lot of take a ways. As always we’ve been hosting WhatsApp Group Chats in 6 different cities namely Bangalore, Hyderabad, Chennai, Delhi, Mumbai and Pune. These chats help you interact with influential people where you gain solutions to issues and valuable insights. If you’re not part of either one of these Chats, you have no idea what you’re missing.
Nevertheless being a Part of Sourcing Adda (@sourcingadda) does have its advantages you get to know what went on during the discussions and even stay updated with the current happenings. Therefore here’s what was discussed amongst Talent Acquisition Professionals on the Tips to Engage Passive Candidates…Well there you have it, everything that was discussed. Now wasn’t that refreshing from a mundane day. Tell me how many of you thought of these aspects to win more Passive candidates? And wasn’t it great that you found solutions to your problems in the process. Doesn’t that make a difference and lighten the load a bit. Do you have any pointers to add? Do tell.
June 12, 2015
Posted by on
The WhatsApp Group Chat that was held this week was quite informative as we received interesting insights that we as Recruiters and Sourcers haven’t thought of before while hiring. Having said that, you’re probably wondering what I’m talking about therefore I’ll come right to the point. The discussion was about what are the best websites to find Technical IT people (developers or programmers) besides job portals and LinkedIn? Here’s what came up during this interesting discussion…Well there you have it all the resources at your disposal that you can make use of to your advantage and meet the rate of hires that is required. Now tell me, did you ever come across such alternatives? Well you can now so why not implement them in your strategy and boost your performance overall. Do you have any to add? Do tell and we’ll be glad to include them in our next post.
June 10, 2015
Posted by on
As you all know the Talent Acquisition & Sourcing Conclave (#TASCON15) held recently was divided into 2 sections the Strategy Hub and Sourcing Lab were held simultaneously. The attendees were thus required to choose the sessions that interest them. The host Sarang Brahme began the session with a fun activity of questioning the audience. The individuals who answered the questions during the sessions correctly or with unique inputs were rewarded with goodies. The activities that were conducted were-
Say Something Unique about yourself
They had to tell one thing about themselves that is not on their resume and Social Media. This received a good response with inputs like
- Sarang mentioned he was a classical singer and that he liked back benchers, so they had to beware as he would ask them questions for sure.
- the need to know about something unique as Ankush mentioned
- Trivedi mentioned that he was a good trainer
- Masood Sayed mentioned that he had won the geography quiz competitions while in school and college
Recruitment History Recap
This was conducted by Rajendra Raut who asked the audience to name one H. R. Company that was well known and the pioneer of Recruiting policies. The answer was TCS, which is later explained why because they were the Pioneers of Recruitment Policies as they came up with policies which were later translated into policies by the government –
- 1920 Leave with Pay hence PF
- 1940 Workman Excellence Compensation Act government adopted
- 1949 HR dedicated Courses for HR was started
- 1921 Multidivisional organisational structure was started
- 1950 Need for Consultants to guide HRs
- 1969 Vish Aggarwal the ‘Vishvapeta’ of Indian Recruitment Industry started ABC Consultants
- 1974 a dedicated H.R.E. department started first at LNT Infotech
Here the audience was asked to mention any tricks used by them to reduce vendor dependency? Wherein Yusuf mentioned that he conducted a mapping and headhunting Sourcing from the Internet database.
There was another activity conducted by Sarang Brahme to get the audience engaged. He posed a challenge to the audience by questioning the audience, what is the most innovative thing you can do with Employer Referrals? Here are the ideas that were expressed…
- Brownie points in performance appraisals or give an appraisal itself instead
- Engage influencers like Spouses by giving them points
- Non – voluntary appraisal or Learning aspects
- Giving employee referral points with goodies attached to each point
Industry Knowledge Quizzer
Jashan Joshi conducted an Industry Knowledge quiz during his session by questioning the audience –
1. Name the 1st Software Company in the world.
A. The answer was Computer Usage Company (CUC)
a.Founded by John W. Sheldon and Kubie, E.C.
b.In the year 1955
c.Shut down in the year 1970
2. Which are the big 4 Consulting Companies in the world?
A. ENY, PWC, PMG & Deloit
3.Name the Top 4 IT Companies in India.
TCS, Infosys, Wipro & HCL