WhatsApp Group Chat – Out of the Box Sourcing
May 14, 2015
Posted by on
Like always our third WhatsApp Group Chat started off on an amusing note with enjoyable comments shared. I bet you wished you would have been there and I’m sure you’re curious as to what the discussion was all about. Well, I’ll try not to beat around the bush and tell you straight up. The Chat focused on Out of the Box Sourcing.
But before we get on with the interesting insights, I’d like to begin with an amazing write up that one of our members Shrikant Shirke posted on –
How To Recruit The Right Person For The Job?
Put about 100 bricks in some Particular order in a closed Room with an Open window – Then send 2 or 3 candidates in the room and close the door. Leave them alone and come back after 6 hours and then analyse the situation –
- If they are counting the Bricks; put them in the Accounts Department
- If they are recounting them; put them in Auditing
- If they have messed up the whole place with the bricks; put them in Engineering
- If they are arranging the Bricks in some strange order; put them in Project
- If they are throwing the Bricks at each other; put them in Operations
- If they are sleeping; put them in Security
- If they have broken the bricks into pieces; put them in Information Technology
- If they are sitting idle; put them in Human Resource
- If they say they have tried different combinations, yet not a brick has been moved; put them in Sales
- If they have already left for the day; put them in Marketing
- If they are staring out of the window; put them on Strategic Planning
- And then last but not the least; if they are talking to each other and not a single brick has been moved, congratulate them and put them in Top Management
Now let’s get back to the interesting conversations and in the process boost our knowledge about the same. Here’s what was discussed….
Now isn’t this great? We’ve got some amazing inputs and techniques that we can all use and help each other. Well we’ve actually upgraded ourselves to new techniques that haven’t been thought of before. A big thanks to all our participants and we hope you continue to participate and share your insights. Got any topics for out next WhatsApp Group Chat, do tell?